Wasting water like water is the cause of water scarcity in countries like India.1/4th of the country is suffered from cronic scarcity of water during this summer.
Everyone should remember this,one has got his/her share of water only to use.So only way to tackle this is to start saving water from right now!
5R theory to save water:
- Respect of water
- Reduce use of water
- Retreat water
- Recycle water
- Reuse water
9 ways to save water @ home:
- Repair all the leaky taps and pipes: Leaky taps waste water @ 250 litres/month or 1 litre/3 hours.
- Close the tap during brushing teeth: 4-5 litres/day/capita is wasted. Average household waste around 25 litres/day i.e. 750 litres/month
- Washing cars using buckets instead of running water through pipes: Washing cars using pipes consume 150 litres each time whereas 20 litres is required for the same using buckets.
- Instead of showers,using buckets for bath: This will save 80% of water during baths.
- Close the taps during shavings: 5-7 litres is wasted each time.One can save 200 litres/month just by using mugs.
- Using Washing machine to its full capacity: This way one can save upto 4500 litres/month.
- Repair the leaky cisterns: Repairing only leaky cisterns will save 5000 litres/month!
- Using RO machines’ discarded water for watering the plants, washing cars: 60-75% of water is wasted by these machines. Utilising the discarded water will save 1200 litres/month.
- Using tub for washing utensils instead of running water under tap: This will save 20-25 litres/family/day.
Saving water is now a social responsibility for everyone. Everyone should come forward for the same!